As the seasons change and the climate gets colder we can experience certain changes in our metabolism. This includes being affected by certain diseases such as the flu and the common cold, or just an overall feeling of more tiredness. As these symptoms usually come about more during the winter time, it is important for us to react as soon as we suspect an illness coming on. This can be done by taking good care of our bodies and by feeding them with the right stuff.
One of the most important foods for the immune system is chicken broth. Chicken broth is known for its many detoxifying benefits. It contains the vitamins B3, B6 and B5 that promote healthy skin, hair and also overall gut health. This is the perfect warm and cozy meal to enjoy when you feel a little sick or just need a good pick me up.
- One whole organic chicken
- One onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 500 g broccoli
- 500 g cauliflower
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and divide it into four pieces.
- Roughly chop all of your vegetable and set aside.
- Add the chicken, onion and garlic into the pot and fill it with water.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots, and wait 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook until potatoes become tender.
- Lastly add the broccoli, and wait until broccoli is cooked.
- Serve warm.
by Aysenur Tuba Gögenur